Kieron Pollard: What he said, really meant and definitely did not
What he said:
“Optimal fitness is not about sporting a six pack.They only look good on TV or the beach.”
Kieron Pollard does not feel the need to build up “mirror muscles” or a six-pack. He is a firm believer that fitness is what you need—it has to be practical, something you can use.
What he really meant:
“Endurance and agility—that’s what cricketers need.”
What he definitely didn’t:
“I love Kevin Pietersen’s washboard-like abs.”
About LINUS FERNANDESI have been an IT professional with over 12 years professional experience. I'm an B.Sc. in Statistics, M.Sc in Computer Science (University of Mumbai) and an MBA from the Cyprus International Institute of Management. I'm also a finance student and have completed levels I and II of the CFA course. Blogging is a part-time vocation until I land a full-time position.
Path to glory: Cricket World Cup 2011
Subscribe to the weekly Newsletter here!
- 66,456 hits
- Published my first ebook on Amazon Books. Available for purchase on Amazon.in as well. Only Rs. 200/- fb.me/3ksMGthwFKindly retweet... 2 hours ago
- RT @SwiftQuotesPage: "Just because there's a hurricane going on around you doesn't mean you have to open the window and look at it." -Taylo…Kindly retweet... 1 day ago
- RT @Tennis: "I never thought we would have the opportunity to do this."—Andy MurrayKindly retweet... 1 day ago
- RT @GaryLineker: Britain wins the Davis Cup for the first time in almost 80 years. Perhaps now we can give @andy_murray the credit and plau…Kindly retweet... 1 day ago
- Make Time For Sports Weekly Updates---Enjoy! fb.me/2wf2xT8uaKindly retweet... 1 day ago
Top Posts (Views)
- Oscar Pistorius: From hero to villain, from fame to notoriety
- Cartoon: Director Ravi Shastri shows Virat Kohli the 'cut' shot (Fiction)
- Matter of policy: BCCI's bone density test for age deemed admissible by Bombay High Court
- Vandana Jain complains, withdraws case against Amit Mishra and then doesn't (Updated)
- Indo-Pak cricketing ties derailed by opportunistic politics and unrealistic expectations
Hours & Info
Anything more is a bonus.
Be appropriately grateful.
Best time to expect responses:
8:00 am to 9 a.m IST
6:00 pm to 7 pm IST.
Recent Posts: Rubber Tyres --> Smooth Rides
Top Posts & Pages (Likes)
- Geoffrey Boycott: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Suresh Raina: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Kevin Pietersen tweets like a butterfly...(Cartoon)
- Abul Hasan: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Virender Sehwag: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Anil Kumble quits Mumbai Indians over conflict issue December 1, 2015Anil Kumble, who has been associated with the Mumbai Indians since Jan 2013, has decided to pursue other opportunities in sports and cricket.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sunil Narine: West Indies spinner banned for illegal action November 30, 2015West Indies off-spinner Sunil Narine is banned from bowling in international cricket after his action is judged to be illegal.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Limited Edition 'MakeTimeForSports' T-shirts Available Exclusively November 30, 2015NOT Available in Stores. Sale Ends Soon. Limited Edition 'MakeTimeForSports' T-Shirts and Hoodies Available in Multiple Colors for Men & Women. Secure Checkout with COD/VISA/MASTERCARD/NET BANKING/PAYPAL Questions?See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Have you ever thought why Tri Series are vanishing from the cricketing calendar November 28, 2015By Tanwirul Hasan Remember those best of three finals, floodlights, colorful uniforms, white kookaburra ball, bare chested men and bikini clad women enjoying sun-bath sitting on the grass stands, w...See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- What's the difference between fartlek, tempo and interval runs? November 28, 2015Here's a quick breakdown of these three major types of speed workouts.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Why not UAE? Playing cricket against Pakistan in Sri Lanka is a farce November 28, 2015Pakistan won’t come to India and India will not go to Pakistan. Fine. We understand the security issues. But why not UAE?See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Russia accepts full, indefinite ban from world athletics over doping scandal November 28, 2015The Russian athletics federation has accepted its ban from international competition and has promised to cooperate with inspectors who will oversee changes to its drug-testing systemSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The dominance of one team is pretty much gone, says Sunil Gavaskar November 27, 2015Former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar opined that the era of one-team dominance was over.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The difference between Nagpur and Nottingham November 27, 2015One home advantage is not better or worse than the other, but this pitch had variable turn, bounce and pace to go with the fact that pitches that turn from ball one get worse with timeSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- How slow should my long runs be? November 26, 2015There are a number of reasons you should dial back the pace for those longer outings.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes