Andy Murray: What he said, really meant and definitely did not
What he said:
“If I’d known they were coming, I would have shaved (smiling). I was thinking to myself as I came off I was sweaty and very hairy. I said to them, I’m sorry, I’m a bit sweaty.”
Andy Murray was unaware that the Royal Couple, Prince William and Kate Middleton, would grace his fourth round match against Richard Gasquet. He would have have shaved his straggly beard—had he known.
What he really meant:
“Grimy, sweaty, beardy, and now I have to curtsey?”
What he definitely didn’t:
“Where’s my Gilette razor?”
Tags: andy murray, beard, beardy, gilette razor, kate middleton, match, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, richard gasquet, royal couple, william and kate, wimbledon
About LINUS FERNANDESI have been an IT professional with over 12 years professional experience. I'm an B.Sc. in Statistics, M.Sc in Computer Science (University of Mumbai) and an MBA from the Cyprus International Institute of Management. I'm also a finance student and have completed levels I and II of the CFA course. Blogging is a part-time vocation until I land a full-time position.
Subscribe to the weekly Newsletter here!
- 66,374 hits
- RT @Inspire_Us: You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. -Michael JordanKindly retweet... 4 hours ago
- RT @Sports_Greats: If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win. -Carl LewisKindly retweet... 4 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius: From hero to villain, from fame to notoriety blogtopsites.com/p/28440817Kindly retweet... 5 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius: From hero to villain, from fame to notoriety fb.me/4FvXPhmxXKindly retweet... 6 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius: From hero to villain, from fame to notoriety ift.tt/1kYjgwY Athletics, News, South Africa, sports, Stories, Culp…Kindly retweet... 6 hours ago
Top Posts (Views)
- Vandana Jain complains, withdraws case against Amit Mishra and then doesn't (Updated)
- Oscar Pistorius: From hero to villain, from fame to notoriety
- Oscar Pistorius’ Supreme Fight: Murder or culpable homicide?
- Kashmir’s first half marathon only a partial success: Eve-teasing, protests mar event
- MS Dhoni: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
Hours & Info
Anything more is a bonus.
Be appropriately grateful.
Best time to expect responses:
8:00 am to 9 a.m IST
6:00 pm to 7 pm IST.
Recent Posts: Rubber Tyres --> Smooth Rides
Top Posts & Pages (Likes)
- Why not UAE? Playing cricket against Pakistan in Sri Lanka is a farce November 28, 2015Pakistan won’t come to India and India will not go to Pakistan. Fine. We understand the security issues. But why not UAE?See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Russia accepts full, indefinite ban from world athletics over doping scandal November 28, 2015The Russian athletics federation has accepted its ban from international competition and has promised to cooperate with inspectors who will oversee changes to its drug-testing systemSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The dominance of one team is pretty much gone, says Sunil Gavaskar November 27, 2015Former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar opined that the era of one-team dominance was over.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The difference between Nagpur and Nottingham November 27, 2015One home advantage is not better or worse than the other, but this pitch had variable turn, bounce and pace to go with the fact that pitches that turn from ball one get worse with timeSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- How slow should my long runs be? November 26, 2015There are a number of reasons you should dial back the pace for those longer outings.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- ECB may scrap the toss in County Championship Division Two November 25, 2015The toss could be scrapped in County Championship Division Two matches under England and Wales Cricket Board plans.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Mitchell Johnson just wants to sit at home and watch us play: Darren Lehmann November 25, 2015Australia coach Darren Lehmann and skipper Steve Smith wanted Mitchell Johnson to extend his career but the seamer wasn't interested.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini face lifetime FIFA bans: report November 25, 2015FIFA president Sepp Blatter and FIFA vice president Michel Platini face lifetime bans by the soccer governing body’s ethics committee.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sleep for 8 Hours for Better Memory November 24, 2015People who sleep for eight hours are significantly better at remembering faces and names after seeing them for the first time, a new study has found.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Everything You Need to Know to Run Better, Faster, Stronger, Longer November 23, 2015It's common sense that the best way to prepare for an upcoming race is to pile on the miles. Or is it? Learn the myths and facts to finish your best race yet and feel great.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes