Tatenda Taibu: What he said, really meant and definitely did not
What he said:
“Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) has just painted a house that’s about to fall.”
Zimbabwean cricketer, Tatenda Taibu, slammed the country’s cricket administration claiming that the return to Test cricket is mere eyewash and that the very edifice is crumbling. “”When you walk around and you see a house that’s painted well, you will think that house is really standing strong but if does not have a strong foundation, it will fall down one day or another.” said the wicketkeeper batsman. Zimbabwe take on Bangladesh at Harare on the 4th of August, 2011 followed by four ODIs.
What he really meant:
“Painting a creaky building just makes it a prettier ruin. It’s merely papering over the cracks—to use a better metaphor.”
What he definitely didn’t:
About LINUS FERNANDESI am an IT professional with over 12 years work experience. I am also a part-time blogger.
Subscribe to the weekly Newsletter here!
- 62,939 hits
- Is Dhoni finished as skipper and player? ift.tt/1LnsgFo cricket, India, News, sports, T20, Ajinkya Rahane, ajit agarkar, India na…Kindly retweet... 29 minutes ago
- maketimeforsports.com fb.me/4KFyaDzdoKindly retweet... 32 minutes ago
- Is Dhoni finished as skipper and player? blogtopsites.com/p/28233989Kindly retweet... 47 minutes ago
- As long as the Indian team keeps winning, Dhoni, the skipper, is inseparable from Dhoni, the player. But once the... fb.me/6TKjSJynOKindly retweet... 1 hour ago
- Is Dhoni finished as skipper and player? maketimeforsports.com/2015/10/10/is-…Kindly retweet... 1 hour ago
Top Posts (Views)
- Mirror Girls Soccer League begins in Mumbai on Saturday
- Aggression in the time of Virat Kohli: Justified or not?
- Fitting the pieces of the puzzle together: I-League, ISL and national soccer
- Virat Kohli's 'six batsmen, five bowlers' theory nice, dicey in practice
- Pawn Sacrifice: Must-see for chess fans and Cold War buffs
Hours & Info
Anything more is a bonus.
Be appropriately grateful.
Best time to expect responses:
8:00 am to 9 a.m IST
6:00 pm to 7 pm IST.
Recent Posts: Rubber Tyres --> Smooth Rides
Top Posts & Pages (Likes)
- Suresh Raina: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Geoffrey Boycott: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Kevin Pietersen tweets like a butterfly...(Cartoon)
- Abul Hasan: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- N Srinivasan: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Why it’s OK to root for present-day San Francisco to fail even if (especially if) you’re from there October 9, 2015A gated community. A city that is becoming uniformly wealthy, out of reach and out of touch. Too much reclaimed wood. Too many high-backed chairs. Teardrop light fixtures, everywhere. Soulless wher...See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Big Data Analytics – The game changer in the world of sports -Big Data Analytics News October 8, 2015Big Data Analytics has gripped the attention of the world with the fascinating insights that it can provide.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Dare To Run: Life : A place where all your questions are answered. October 8, 2015See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Using Race Merchandise to Create Walking Advertisements (and Generate More Moola) - ChronoTrack Systems October 7, 2015Don’t just sell race merchandise on race day! You should be open for business throughout the entire event lifecycle—pre-race, expo, race day, and post-race.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- If You Run Slow, Who Cares? - Competitor.com October 7, 2015See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Take Control of Your Running Health | Runner's World October 6, 2015Each year, studies report that somewhere between one-fifth and one-half of runners get injured. The figure is hard to pin down because sports medicine researchers aren't in agreement about what exactly qualifies as an injury.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Crowd misbehaviour detracts from fine series win for SA | Sporting Time(s) - Make Time For Sports October 6, 2015When will Indian fans realize that unruly behaviour is never going to prevent their beloved team losing? It only serves to reinforce the feeling that cricket followers in India are neither sporting nor knowledgeable about the intricacies of the game.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- 7 Stretches In 7 Minutes For Complete Lower Back Pain Relief October 6, 2015One of the consequences of being sedentary, and also being incredibly active, is back pain. About 31 million Americans experience lower back pain at any giSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Fit but Fainting | Runner's World October 6, 2015Exercise is supposed to make us healthier and, for the most part, that's what it does. But there are some medical conditions, aside from injury, that you're more likely to experience if you're fit.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sara Hall Gives the Marathon Another Try | Runner's World October 6, 2015On Sunday, Sara Hall will run the Chicago Marathon, her second attempt at the distance. Does this mean that, at age 32, she’s now a marathoner?See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes