Alan Butcher: What he said, really meant and definitely did not
“Zimbabweans pride themselves on being hospitable. So even in this match, we keep throwing them a lifeline.”
Zimbabwean coach, Alan Butcher, throws up an innovative excuse for letting their opponents, Bangladesh, off the hook in the Test at Harare.
What he really meant:
“We do want the Bangladeshis returning for more. They’re the only team we can beat regularly.”
What he definitely didn’t:
“We take pride in losing matches at home.”
About LINUS FERNANDESI have been an IT professional with over 12 years professional experience. I'm an B.Sc. in Statistics, M.Sc in Computer Science (University of Mumbai) and an MBA from the Cyprus International Institute of Management. I'm also a finance student and have completed levels I and II of the CFA course. Blogging is a part-time vocation until I land a full-time position.
Subscribe to the weekly Newsletter here!
- 66,424 hits
- RT @SwiftQuotesPage: "Just because there's a hurricane going on around you doesn't mean you have to open the window and look at it." -Taylo…Kindly retweet... 6 hours ago
- RT @Tennis: "I never thought we would have the opportunity to do this."—Andy MurrayKindly retweet... 6 hours ago
- RT @GaryLineker: Britain wins the Davis Cup for the first time in almost 80 years. Perhaps now we can give @andy_murray the credit and plau…Kindly retweet... 6 hours ago
- Make Time For Sports Weekly Updates---Enjoy! fb.me/2wf2xT8uaKindly retweet... 7 hours ago
- Limited Edition 'MakeTimeForSports' T-shirts Available Exclusively via @thefreshmonk - freshmonk.com/MakeTimeForSpo…Kindly retweet... 11 hours ago
Top Posts (Views)
- Vandana Jain complains, withdraws case against Amit Mishra and then doesn't (Updated)
- Still concussed Eugenie Bouchard sues for damages: USTA, USNTC named defendants
- Fearless Jwala makes a case for inclusion in TOP scheme
- Ben Stokes no fury at his obstructive dismissal
- Team coach Roelant Oltmans assures continuity in tactics
Hours & Info
Anything more is a bonus.
Be appropriately grateful.
Best time to expect responses:
8:00 am to 9 a.m IST
6:00 pm to 7 pm IST.
Recent Posts: Rubber Tyres --> Smooth Rides
Top Posts & Pages (Likes)
- Suresh Raina: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Geoffrey Boycott: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Kevin Pietersen tweets like a butterfly...(Cartoon)
- Abul Hasan: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- N Srinivasan: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Have you ever thought why Tri Series are vanishing from the cricketing calendar November 28, 2015By Tanwirul Hasan Remember those best of three finals, floodlights, colorful uniforms, white kookaburra ball, bare chested men and bikini clad women enjoying sun-bath sitting on the grass stands, w...See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- What's the difference between fartlek, tempo and interval runs? November 28, 2015Here's a quick breakdown of these three major types of speed workouts.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Why not UAE? Playing cricket against Pakistan in Sri Lanka is a farce November 28, 2015Pakistan won’t come to India and India will not go to Pakistan. Fine. We understand the security issues. But why not UAE?See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Russia accepts full, indefinite ban from world athletics over doping scandal November 28, 2015The Russian athletics federation has accepted its ban from international competition and has promised to cooperate with inspectors who will oversee changes to its drug-testing systemSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The dominance of one team is pretty much gone, says Sunil Gavaskar November 27, 2015Former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar opined that the era of one-team dominance was over.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The difference between Nagpur and Nottingham November 27, 2015One home advantage is not better or worse than the other, but this pitch had variable turn, bounce and pace to go with the fact that pitches that turn from ball one get worse with timeSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- How slow should my long runs be? November 26, 2015There are a number of reasons you should dial back the pace for those longer outings.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- ECB may scrap the toss in County Championship Division Two November 25, 2015The toss could be scrapped in County Championship Division Two matches under England and Wales Cricket Board plans.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Mitchell Johnson just wants to sit at home and watch us play: Darren Lehmann November 25, 2015Australia coach Darren Lehmann and skipper Steve Smith wanted Mitchell Johnson to extend his career but the seamer wasn't interested.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini face lifetime FIFA bans: report November 25, 2015FIFA president Sepp Blatter and FIFA vice president Michel Platini face lifetime bans by the soccer governing body’s ethics committee.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes