Kapil Dev: What He Said, Really Meant and Definitely Did Not
Kapil Dev Is In A Funk
What he said:
“Spin bowling is an art and so is fast bowling. All artists are crazy and similarly whoever wrote the book for Shoaib is also crazy between his ears.”
Former Indian skipper, Kapil Dev, is “artistic” in his denouncement of Shoaib Akhtar’s remarks concerning Sachin Tendulkar in his autobiography, “Controversially Yours.”
The all-rounder was delivering the 3rd Dilip Sardesai Memorial Lecture at the Cricket Club of India in Mumbai on September 29, 2011.
What he really meant:
“The co-author (Anshu Dogra) of Shoaib’s biography is simply nuts—by association.”
What he definitely didn’t:
“What a load of spin on a fast bowler’s life story.”
About LINUS FERNANDESI have been an IT professional with over 12 years professional experience. I'm an B.Sc. in Statistics, M.Sc in Computer Science (University of Mumbai) and an MBA from the Cyprus International Institute of Management. I'm also a finance student and have completed levels I and II of the CFA course. Blogging is a part-time vocation until I land a full-time position.
Subscribe to the weekly Newsletter here!
- 66,318 hits
- RT @AkshayP5000: @tickerscricket Play a test match to decide who gets to call the coin toss. Winner of the coin toss wins the match.Kindly retweet... 2 hours ago
- @BCCI I agree and he's done it quicker than Kumble!Kindly retweet... 2 hours ago
- RT @Crownish: Will slap Shiv Sena for free twitter.com/indiatvnews/st…Kindly retweet... 2 hours ago
- RT @tickerscricket: The solution to all cricket's problems imo: scrap the coin toss at the start, introduce one at the end. https://t.co/AF…Kindly retweet... 2 hours ago
- @CallumDinnen I disagree. Ishant is not rubbish!Kindly retweet... 2 hours ago
Top Posts (Views)
- Shamil Tarpischev: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Rahul Sawant’s on-field heart attack forces MCA to re-evaluate medical facilities
- Matter of policy: BCCI's bone density test for age deemed admissible by Bombay High Court
- Vandana Jain complains, withdraws case against Amit Mishra and then doesn't (Updated)
- Michael Mandelbaum: An understanding of the experiences of team sports
Hours & Info
Anything more is a bonus.
Be appropriately grateful.
Best time to expect responses:
8:00 am to 9 a.m IST
6:00 pm to 7 pm IST.
Recent Posts: Rubber Tyres --> Smooth Rides
Top Posts & Pages (Likes)
- Geoffrey Boycott: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Suresh Raina: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Kevin Pietersen tweets like a butterfly...(Cartoon)
- Abul Hasan: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Virender Sehwag: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- ECB may scrap the toss in County Championship Division Two November 25, 2015The toss could be scrapped in County Championship Division Two matches under England and Wales Cricket Board plans.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Mitchell Johnson just wants to sit at home and watch us play: Darren Lehmann November 25, 2015Australia coach Darren Lehmann and skipper Steve Smith wanted Mitchell Johnson to extend his career but the seamer wasn't interested.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini face lifetime FIFA bans: report November 25, 2015FIFA president Sepp Blatter and FIFA vice president Michel Platini face lifetime bans by the soccer governing body’s ethics committee.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sleep for 8 Hours for Better Memory November 24, 2015People who sleep for eight hours are significantly better at remembering faces and names after seeing them for the first time, a new study has found.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Everything You Need to Know to Run Better, Faster, Stronger, Longer November 23, 2015It's common sense that the best way to prepare for an upcoming race is to pile on the miles. Or is it? Learn the myths and facts to finish your best race yet and feel great.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sri Lanka Could be Possible 'Neutral' Venue for India-Pakistan Bilateral Series November 23, 2015Sri Lanka could be the potential 'neutral' venue for a short India-Pakistan series in December. There has been no official communication yet from the two boards on this development.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- My TE and my Venkat long ago November 23, 2015Life is endlessly touched by cricket when you're the child of a cricket-crazy parentSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- India's pace puzzle: Aaron or Umesh? November 23, 2015With India playing most of their Test cricket at home over the next 18 months, they will have to choose between their two quickest bowlers most of the time. A tricky choice, given Varun Aaron and Umesh Yadav's hit or miss tendenciesSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- FIFA Ethics Committee Recommends New Sanctions for Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini November 21, 2015FIFA’s top ethics investigator has completed his inquiry into a financial transaction between the men in 2011.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- No Steyn? Lots to gain | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis November 21, 2015No Steyn? Lots to gain - With South African pacer a doubtful starter in Nagpur, a venue where he has done well, India will have psychological edge if he is ruled outSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes