Shahid Afridi: What he said, really meant and definitely did not
Shahid Afridi Has The Shivers For Sachin Tendulkar
What he said:
“I saw Tendulkar’s legs shivering while facing his bowling.”
Shahid Afridi backs up Pakistani speedster Shoaib Akhtar’s claims in his autobiography, “Controversially Yours”, that Sachin Tendulkar was intimidated by Akhtar’s raw pace.
Afridi added that this was normal for most batsmen. Every batsman feared one bowler or another.
“There are times when every batsman feels the pressure, it happens against [Pakistani off-spinner] Saeed Ajmal even,” said Afridi.
What he really meant:
“My teeth were chattering so much standing so close to Tendulkar’s blade that everything else appeared to shimmer.”
What he definitely didn’t:
“More ice-cream for us in the lunch break. That’s the solution.”
About LINUS FERNANDESI have been an IT professional with over 12 years professional experience. I'm an B.Sc. in Statistics, M.Sc in Computer Science (University of Mumbai) and an MBA from the Cyprus International Institute of Management. I'm also a finance student and have completed levels I and II of the CFA course. Blogging is a part-time vocation until I land a full-time position.
Subscribe to the weekly Newsletter here!
- 66,405 hits
- RT @PrayInFaith: Dare yourself each day to be a blessing to someone.Kindly retweet... 14 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.Kindly retweet... 14 hours ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. -Michael JordanKindly retweet... 20 hours ago
- RT @Sports_Greats: If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win. -Carl LewisKindly retweet... 20 hours ago
- Oscar Pistorius: From hero to villain, from fame to notoriety blogtopsites.com/p/28440817Kindly retweet... 21 hours ago
Top Posts (Views)
- Vandana Jain complains, withdraws case against Amit Mishra and then doesn't (Updated)
- Oscar Pistorius: From hero to villain, from fame to notoriety
- Still concussed Eugenie Bouchard sues for damages: USTA, USNTC named defendants
- Ben Stokes no fury at his obstructive dismissal
- Sanjay Patel: What he said, really meant and definitely didn’t
Hours & Info
Anything more is a bonus.
Be appropriately grateful.
Best time to expect responses:
8:00 am to 9 a.m IST
6:00 pm to 7 pm IST.
Recent Posts: Rubber Tyres --> Smooth Rides
Top Posts & Pages (Likes)
- Suresh Raina: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Geoffrey Boycott: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Kevin Pietersen tweets like a butterfly...(Cartoon)
- Abul Hasan: What he said, really meant and definitely didn't
- Martin Crowe : Batting six hours in a Test is better than sex
- Have you ever thought why Tri Series are vanishing from the cricketing calendar November 28, 2015By Tanwirul Hasan Remember those best of three finals, floodlights, colorful uniforms, white kookaburra ball, bare chested men and bikini clad women enjoying sun-bath sitting on the grass stands, w...See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- What's the difference between fartlek, tempo and interval runs? November 28, 2015Here's a quick breakdown of these three major types of speed workouts.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Why not UAE? Playing cricket against Pakistan in Sri Lanka is a farce November 28, 2015Pakistan won’t come to India and India will not go to Pakistan. Fine. We understand the security issues. But why not UAE?See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Russia accepts full, indefinite ban from world athletics over doping scandal November 28, 2015The Russian athletics federation has accepted its ban from international competition and has promised to cooperate with inspectors who will oversee changes to its drug-testing systemSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The dominance of one team is pretty much gone, says Sunil Gavaskar November 27, 2015Former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar opined that the era of one-team dominance was over.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The difference between Nagpur and Nottingham November 27, 2015One home advantage is not better or worse than the other, but this pitch had variable turn, bounce and pace to go with the fact that pitches that turn from ball one get worse with timeSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- How slow should my long runs be? November 26, 2015There are a number of reasons you should dial back the pace for those longer outings.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- ECB may scrap the toss in County Championship Division Two November 25, 2015The toss could be scrapped in County Championship Division Two matches under England and Wales Cricket Board plans.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Mitchell Johnson just wants to sit at home and watch us play: Darren Lehmann November 25, 2015Australia coach Darren Lehmann and skipper Steve Smith wanted Mitchell Johnson to extend his career but the seamer wasn't interested.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini face lifetime FIFA bans: report November 25, 2015FIFA president Sepp Blatter and FIFA vice president Michel Platini face lifetime bans by the soccer governing body’s ethics committee.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes