Roger Federer is through to his first major final since the 2010 Australian Open.
He was written off. Yet he bounced back.
Novak Djokovic can console himself that he almost took the match into the final set. It says a lot for the progress he has made in the past six months. His confidence has skyrocketed and setbacks are to be met with unequivocal defiance.
Federer may not have captured a Slam in over a year but he was unlikely to let a 2-0 lead in a Grand Slam semi-final go to waste. The writing was on the wall. The Djoker delayed the inevitable—splendidly.
Subscribe to the weekly Newsletter here!
- 66,410 hits
- Posts from Sporting Time(s) - Make Time For Sports for 11/29/2015 fb.me/4cfZbuHLEKindly retweet... 4 hours ago
- The Not Just Sports Weekly is out! paper.li/Mktimeforsport… Stories via @TIMEHistory @TennisTV @WisdenIndiaKindly retweet... 5 hours ago
- RT @PrayInFaith: Dare yourself each day to be a blessing to someone.Kindly retweet... 21 hours ago
- RT @DavidRoads: To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are.Kindly retweet... 21 hours ago
- RT @Inspire_Us: You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. -Michael JordanKindly retweet... 1 day ago
Top Posts (Views)
- Vandana Jain complains, withdraws case against Amit Mishra and then doesn't (Updated)
- Oscar Pistorius: From hero to villain, from fame to notoriety
- Still concussed Eugenie Bouchard sues for damages: USTA, USNTC named defendants
- Sanjay Patel: What he said, really meant and definitely didn’t
- Ben Stokes no fury at his obstructive dismissal
Hours & Info
Anything more is a bonus.
Be appropriately grateful.
Best time to expect responses:
8:00 am to 9 a.m IST
6:00 pm to 7 pm IST.
Recent Posts: Rubber Tyres --> Smooth Rides
Top Posts & Pages (Likes)
- Have you ever thought why Tri Series are vanishing from the cricketing calendar November 28, 2015By Tanwirul Hasan Remember those best of three finals, floodlights, colorful uniforms, white kookaburra ball, bare chested men and bikini clad women enjoying sun-bath sitting on the grass stands, w...See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- What's the difference between fartlek, tempo and interval runs? November 28, 2015Here's a quick breakdown of these three major types of speed workouts.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Why not UAE? Playing cricket against Pakistan in Sri Lanka is a farce November 28, 2015Pakistan won’t come to India and India will not go to Pakistan. Fine. We understand the security issues. But why not UAE?See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Russia accepts full, indefinite ban from world athletics over doping scandal November 28, 2015The Russian athletics federation has accepted its ban from international competition and has promised to cooperate with inspectors who will oversee changes to its drug-testing systemSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The dominance of one team is pretty much gone, says Sunil Gavaskar November 27, 2015Former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar opined that the era of one-team dominance was over.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- The difference between Nagpur and Nottingham November 27, 2015One home advantage is not better or worse than the other, but this pitch had variable turn, bounce and pace to go with the fact that pitches that turn from ball one get worse with timeSee it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- How slow should my long runs be? November 26, 2015There are a number of reasons you should dial back the pace for those longer outings.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- ECB may scrap the toss in County Championship Division Two November 25, 2015The toss could be scrapped in County Championship Division Two matches under England and Wales Cricket Board plans.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Mitchell Johnson just wants to sit at home and watch us play: Darren Lehmann November 25, 2015Australia coach Darren Lehmann and skipper Steve Smith wanted Mitchell Johnson to extend his career but the seamer wasn't interested.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes
- Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini face lifetime FIFA bans: report November 25, 2015FIFA president Sepp Blatter and FIFA vice president Michel Platini face lifetime bans by the soccer governing body’s ethics committee.See it on Scoop.it, via Sports, Health and ExerciseLinus J Fernandes