MakeTimeForSports had the privilege of chatting with legendary India skipper MS Dhoni before the third ODI in Mirpur against Bangladesh.
1) It’s a do-or-die game for you against the Bengal Tigers. You’ve already lost the series, right?
Yes, it’s certainly do-or-dye. I’ve ordered cartons of Bigen hair color for the entire team. Ashwin will color his on the field itself should we suffer another loss.
2) It’s the No.4 slot for you again?
Got to score some runs as a batsman, right? Can’t let Kohli and Shastri have their way, can I? At least, it won’t be that easy to ease me out if I score some. More runs in the kitty, more games to play—no pun intended. Besides, if I play Rahane, Kohli would bat at No.4. In a way, I’m taking his place!
3) What are you not in line for next?
Quite a few things actually. Sports management, commentating and cricket administration.
4) Did you see the above question coming?
But, of course.
5) Will Indian cricket start doing really well if you quit now?
Well… for the next two years, at least. Remember we always play well at home on subcontinental wickets. So yes, but then they’d do well with me at the helm too.
Disclaimer: The character(s) are real but the interview is fictional.